Friday, December 30, 2016

Managing Healthy Skin: Winter Skin Care

I can't believe that 2016 is almost over! While some can't wait for the next year to arrive I have had a wonderful year and feel so fortunate. Life is full and busy! Pretty much why blogging has taken a back seat over the past couple of months. Between the kids, work and my fitness regimen there isn't much time left over. I am not sure what 2017 has in store for me yet I am excited to welcome a new year with new challenges and adventures.

Winter has finally arrived here in New England. Trying to manage healthy skin can be just as challenging as getting in my running as frequently as I do in the other three season. Over the past couple of years I have been trying to pay more attention to my skin. Particularly my face. My skin care regimen has become important to me. It's not secret that I am getting older yet it doesn't mean I have to look old now does it?! 


There are a few products that I have been using that I really love. One is a beauty oil from Mother Earth Beauty Bar. I love this mom made company with her skin care products, as well as makeup, which are wonderful. When I was approached by Maple Holistics and asked if I wanted to try their products I happily said yes. I was sent the Apricot Oil and have been using it for a month now. Apricot oil has many uses: 

"Apricot Seed Oil can be used to improve hair growth, hydration, and natural sheen. It's light enough for everyday use and will not cause buildup or weigh down hair. Apricot oil is extracted using cold-press methods, which helps this product to maintain all the inherent qualities and benefits apricot oil has to offer. It's also one of the best carrier and massage oils for sensitive skin and blends easily with other essential oils. Contains vitamins A, B, C, and E, as well as antioxidants and Omega 6 fatty acids".  


I have been using this product on my face at night, on my skin after a shower and in my hair. A little goes a long way too! This product is not greasy and applies nicely. Runner friends, you know how when you put your hair in a pony tail and come back from a run your hair has suddenly has turned into a rats nest? Some days I come home with unwanted dreads and it is such a pain to comb out. I like to put a small amount in my hair then braid it before I head out on a run. Keeps my hair from the tangles and treats it at the same time. 

Maple Holistics makes more than just oil. They have a great line of hair care as well that I am eager to try myself. I love that this is a USA company. They pride themselves on natural products with high quality ingredients and cruelty free. They also stand by their products so if you are not happy they will refund 100 %. 

If you would like to try Maple Holistics now is the time. Head over to the site and fill out this form to get a free sample to try yourself. Who doesn't like free samples?!

Lastly rememeber that skin care goes beyond washing, toning and mosturizing. Drinking lots of water is equally as important. So go fill that water bottle up right now! 

Enjoy your last Friday of 2016! A new year is just around the corner which means new opportunities, new goals and a new you!  

Cheers!!!




Get Social with me: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter!  

(Disclaimer: I was given a product in return for a fair and honest review. I was not compensated in any other way. As always, all opinions are proudly my own!)

No comments:

Post a Comment