Friday, March 21, 2014

Two Words

Ten years ago I lived in Massachusetts. As Vermont is my home, Massachusetts will always be home as well. I moved there right before I was 21. I finished college and wanted to move somewhere else to start my "new life". It was far enough away to spread my wings, yet close enough that if I needed to get home I could. I loved it there. My friends became my new family. Many of those people are still in my life today. I am beyond fortunate to have these amazing friends. It doesn't feel like that long ago I was there. I had left here at 20 saying I would never come back. Here I am, almost 15 years later back in Vermont.

I saw something the other day and it got me thinking. I will share it with you and ask you to answer the question for yourself as well.


My answer came quickly, easily. My Two words: Be Patient.

I think of many instances throughout the years that if I would have listened to these words maybe my heart wouldn't have been broken. There may have been less tears, more laughter. I would have made better choices. I would have counted my blessings instead of wishing for more.

Don't get me wrong, I am a true believer in that everything happens for a reason. That even our mistakes help to shape and mold us. Each moment becomes of us what we choose it to be. I wouldn't  change one thing I did. Not even the ugliest of mistakes. I am not perfect. I never will be. What is perfection anyhow?! I believe in being the very best you can be. Live life with honesty, kindness and love and it will all fall into place. Those little things we feel guilty about can be forgiven.

Be Patient.

The definition of Patience : the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one can take before negativity.

Patience is something I work on everyday. Some days it being much harder than others. Many days praying I had more and hoping the next day it will come easier to me. I envy those people that make patience look so easy. I consider myself to be optimistic. I do my best to try to find the good in every situation and person.

Patience has taught me to be thankful. I am blessed. I have everything I need within my home and heart. I may not have known 10 years ago that life would turn out as it has, there wasn't that little voice whispering to be patient. I am not sure what the next 10 years will offer me. What I do know is I will do my best, I will try to be patient and always be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment