Friday, November 20, 2015

26 Thing I Am Grateful For

Last year I put together a list of 26 things that I am grateful for. With Thanksgiving just around the corner I thought it was a good time to share it again. Why 26? No reason honestly. After finishing the list I had a few more come to mind but figured I should stop somewhere. Here is my Grateful post!

I believe that we all need to practice living a life that is filled with gratitude. I feel that we become who we are with the help of everything that surrounds us. People. Things. The universe. It is easy to want more and forget about the little things that have become a part of your life. Those tiny little things that make up your world. I decided to create a list of the things that I am grateful for in my own life. No particular order or rank. Some have a deeper meaning than others. Some are simple things which make me happy. For each one I am grateful.


1- My children: I cannot imagine waking up without them each day. Every breathe of theirs becomes mine, every touch of their little fingers sets me on fire. I am grateful that they chose me. They teach me lessons every day. They have shown me love in a way that only children can. They chose me and I am beyond grateful.


2- My husband:  Our lives are intertwined by love, commitment, and friendship. We are a team, a unit, two people who vow to walk through this crazy life and handle whatever life throws at us. He is supportive, gentle, kind and loyal. He makes me smile and laugh. Our love is not perfect but is is honest and true.


3- My parents: The two people who gave me a loving and supportive home. Who taught me important values and lessons that I hope to pass on to my own children. They give love and support to my family and are the best Nana and Pop-Pop to their grandchildren.


4- My brother: For all the memories we have shared and for the ones we will create in the future as a family. It is a blessing to watch our children grow together. I am glad they all have one another, they will need one another later on.


5- My sister in law: She is not only my brothers wife, she is also my friend. An added bonus is she gave birth to my niece and nephew whom I adore.


6- Our home: I am fortunate that even though we do not own our place that is filled with love and laughter. We have made this house a home. The walls are stamped with memories over the past five years. We have a roof over our head and walls that keep us warm. This is home!


7- The animals: I couldn't imagine a house that I lived in that did not have furry creatures in it. I am grateful for the happiness they bring me and especially bring to my children. I have three loving and forgiving creatures which shed all over my house.


8- A kick ass job: I am happy that I have a part time job that helps me keep the balance between family and work. My bosses are wonderful and I feel appreciated.


9- My health: I am grateful that I am healthy, strong, and active. I consider it a blessing to be able to run and be active with my children. I will continue to work on myself and be a healthy me because it is a blessing to have the body I have.

10- Friends: Old and new, my heart is full when I think of all the amazing people in my life. I have wonderful friends who have supported me, loved me, and watch me grow as a person. I am beyond lucky to have a fabulous support system known as my friends! My tribe is always there when I need them.


11- My grandmother: I have one living grandparent that not only do I get to see on a regular basis but that my children get to spend time with. I am happy that both boys will have memories of her to share in the future.


12- Food: I always tell Chase that he needs to be thankful for the food we have and not be wasteful. I explain that not everyone has food like we do, we must be thankful for the things given to us. We may not always want what we have in front of us, but we must never take it for granted.


13- Beer and Wine: Same category so I will count them as one. I think they deserve to make the list! Lord knows there are days they helped me through!


14- My camera: I love capturing special moments . Simple moments. Silly moments. Pictures to me are treasures.


15- The Ocean: The sound of the waves. The sand on my feet. The memories I have created and will continue to create with my family while going to the ocean.


16- Being a Woman: Really, I am truly thankful for this. I am thankful for this amazing body that created, carried, and birthed two creatures. 

 17- My Boobs: Yes, they are a part of my body  and being a woman, but they deserve their own recognition. I am grateful for the milk that they made to nurse both my boys.


18- Laughter: My children's laughter and the ability to laugh. Good, deep down, belly laughs can make the worst day vanish.


19- Cupcakes: With lots of frosting!


20- Nexxus Hair Spray: I am serious, this stuff is the bomb. After trying several I keep going back to it. It tames your hair and doesn't make it feel like a rock. True Story!

21- Music: All different genres. The sound of it, the words, the ability to sing it, and the beat to dance to it. The magic of listening to an old song and having it take you right back to a specific moment and make you feel like you are right there.


22- For our soldiers: All the men and women who fight for this country and selflessly give themselves, sacrificing their lives and own family time during the holidays.


23- Second Chances & Forgiveness: Enough said here.


24- A Creemee on a hot summer night: I miss you summer!


25- Words: The power of them. A good book. An inspirational quote. Words spoken by the people we love; our partners, our children. 


26- God: I am grateful for a God. The higher being, whatever that means for each of us, who gave me all these things. Who has gifted me with this amazing life that I live. I am beyond grateful!

Take time to be thankful for all the things in your life. Not just the big things, but all those little things that fill the spaces in between that we tend to forget about. Say Thank You, hug tighter, kiss longer, smile at a stranger, say I Love You every day, and take time to stop and enjoy life. We are given today and not promised tomorrow; don't lose a chance to make today amazing.


Happy Thanksgiving!!! 
 
What are YOU Thankful for? 



5 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this and the fact that you mixed the sentimental with the random! I definitely need to focus on appreciating both the big and little things in life more! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mighty thankful for you, too! And those little nephews of mine :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! Those are amazing things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true! I was so desperate with my surrounding, i hate my job, my colleagues, everyday that i went at home i was unhappy. I thinks it's an own responsibility to create life that you happy with. Now i live as a freelance writer at vip-writers and working from home is 100% makes me happy. I think it's useful for everyone to make their own list of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ineluctables, your hall your poet places be expecting within the delirious exploration/calamitous reputation bunss whole lecturer organization alongside heterogeneous flocks. Personally, I could associate to the exegesis. best tasting vitamin c gummies

    ReplyDelete