Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Other Woman

The other woman, she is the one I confide in, lean on, vent to, and cry to. She understands me, feels what I feel and makes me feel like I am normal. Some days I feel absolutely crazy. I am not sure that I would want to be a fly on the wall some days and look at me. Okay, so really, I don't ever want to see some of these days. I know they can be ugly and there are days I become this person I never knew I could be. Ahh, thank you for this my child. Let's all be honest here. We love our children. We can't imagine life without them. They are the most incredible things we have ever done. Most days, we do a damn good job of being the best kick ass mom out there. Then there are those other days. You know the ones I am talking about, the ones where you end up crying, maybe even yelling. I always thought I was a patient person...then I had kids!

Then something wonderful happens. I hang out with that "other woman" The one who is just like me! The other mom! Yes her, the one you do play dates with. The woman you text or call when you feel like you have hit a wall. That one you watch and think "she has got it together". That lady, yes, she has those days too.

A lot of woman talk about losing friendships when they have children. How it changes with certain people, especially with those who don't have children. I like to look at this in a different way. I want to talk about the friendships that I have gained! I feel blessed to have become a mother around the same time some of my dearest friends have. I am fortunate that in becoming a mother, I have met some beautiful women that I am happy and fortunate to call my friends.

These friendships are sacred. It doesn't mean you have to see them everyday. There are times you may go days or months without seeing them. It's most important to just remember that at the end of the day, a particularly bad one, that she is there! So thank you my fellow mommy's! Remember that you are amazing, beautiful and strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment