Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Making Memories

Every family has their own traditions that they do. Some are handed down from when they were younger as with others are created and made in hopes to carry on.

This past weekend was Vermont Maple Open House Weekend. Last year was the first year we took part in this. I picked three sugar houses that we would try. I vowed last year that we would continue this as a new tradition for our family. This year we actually hit 5! Chase wasn't into it as much as I would have liked but he is still young. It wasn't until the third Sugar House that he gave in to having some syrup and then was hooked!


I want my children to grow up and look back on some of our memories and not only love that we did these things, yet also do them with their own family some day. 

We took the late morning and afternoon and drove from Colchester, to Williston and finished in Shelburne.  These people are so proud of what they do. And they should be! There is a lot of  work that goes into making maple syrup. I also want my children to know this. I want them to respect how hard people work to do what they love.

Poor Farm Sugar Works, Colchester, VT

Let's not forget the yummy factor! The best part is tasting samples. We had samples of syrup, maple cake, whoopie pies, donuts and cotton candy! Sugar does help to make life a little sweeter. We didn't get enough, I had to make breakfast for dinner last night, blueberry pancakes with Vermont Maple Syrup of coarse!

1 comment: