Saturday, May 17, 2014

Moments

It's Saturday night and I am sitting here with a glass of wine. To my right is Chase playing in his "living sand" and to my left Jay is trying to get down our almost 8 month old (tomorrow he is 8 months). The sun is shining through the windows. I hear the sound of Chase playing make believe (a sound I have fallen in love with), I hear the sound of music coming from Wesley's swing, and I take a deep breath, I feel so at home right now in this moment. I can sit here, take a moment to write (which I love) and also be in the surroundings of those I love. Things feel right. Things feel good. I feel happy. No, it's not just the wine talking. Give me some credit here, I have only gotten down half of my glass, not slurring my words just yet.

I received a phone call this week from a dear friend who is sitting with her partner right while he is in the hospital after undergoing an Aorta Valve replacement. My friend and her husband are very close. It's been a long couple of days for her and my heart aches thinking of what she is going through. These are two people who adore one another. You look at them and can tell. They are friends, lovers, partners, and a team. I stop to reflect how it would feel to be in her place and just the thought of it alone makes my heart hurt.

Life is fragile. It is beautiful and amazing just as it can be trying and ugly. Each second is a gift. Every moment a miracle. Some days and moments seeing the gift in it may be difficult. Maybe almost impossible. It may be hard to feel the joy in each day. It's there. In each thing we see, in all we do, in people we meet. There is joy, there is love, there is happiness.

It's in these moments we need to stop and live in the moment. Enjoy it. Hold on to it.

It is so easy to take life for granted. I do it. We all do it.

So tonight try to live in the moment as long as you can. Hug those close to you a little tighter. Kiss them a little longer. Always be sure to say those three magic words.

Cheers!

1 comment: