Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Meet my Pet...Peeve!!

Let me tell you about something that really irritates the shit out of me! Really, it may seem like nothing to you but it sure does get to me. Here it is:

I HATE when people don't say hello after you have said hello to them!

Is that ridiculous? I don't think so.

I am a runner. So I often pass several people on my runs. Whether they are also running, walking, or biking, I am always sure to say hello. Especially if eye contact is made. It amazes me how many people won't say hello back. I just don't get it.

Running for me is my therapy. I go into my own place and the world becomes mine. Yet that does not  mean I become an instant asshole. It takes a second to say hello. I don't care if I just passed the sketchy dude riding his bike while smoking a cigarette. (And I have passed him several times over the years)  I still say hello!

One second. One moment. Maybe that moment will make that persons day. We don't know what is hidden behind the walls of each person. Someone could be having the worst day and a hello could help make them feel alive, loved, and valued. A smile or hello can remind someone that they are not alone. Maybe you are the first person who acknowledges that person that day. That is something amazing.

Sure, this comes from the girl who will talk to anyone. But I just know how it makes me feel when I am out and someone says hello or smiles at me.

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes :

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a
listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all
of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
Leo Buscaglia




1 comment:

  1. When you said "meet my pet...peeve" I instantly thought this post would be about Jules, hahahaha!
    I agree, some people are just plain awkward!

    ReplyDelete